- 1 How do you adjust the carburetor on a Stihl trimmer?
- 2 How do you adjust the idle on a Stihl weedeater?
- 3 How do I reset my Stihl carburetor?
- 4 Is it illegal to own a carburetor adjustment tool?
- 5 What is the H and L on a carburetor?
- 6 How do you adjust a high and low carburetor?
- 7 Should trimmer head spins at idle?
- 8 Why does my Stihl trimmer keep cutting out?
How do you adjust the carburetor on a Stihl trimmer?
Start the trimmer and hold the throttle trigger in all the way to get the trimmer head spinning at maximum speed. Turn the H screw clockwise with a carburetor adjustment tool until the head is spinning as fast as it will go, then back off the screw carefully until the RPMs start to decrease.
How do you adjust the idle on a Stihl weedeater?
How to Adjust the Idle on a Weed Eater
- Place the Weed Eater trimmer on a workbench or other flat surface.
- Locate the idle speed adjustment screw situated to the side and slightly behind the air filter.
- Turn the adjustment screw to the right, or clockwise, to increase the engine idle speed.
How do I reset my Stihl carburetor?
Return a type A carburetor to its factory setting by turning the “H” screw counterclockwise until it stops, turning the “L” screw clockwise until it is seated, then backing it off one full turn.
Is it illegal to own a carburetor adjustment tool?
it is illegal by EPA regulations to sell carburetor adjusting tools and illegal to buy them unless you are a servicing dealer.
What is the H and L on a carburetor?
They are typically labeled L (low speed jet), H (high speed jet), and I (idler jet).
How do you adjust a high and low carburetor?
Locate the two fuel-adjustment screws on the side of the carburetor. One will be labeled “Hi” and the other “Lo.” The “Hi” screw regulates the engine at full throttle and the “Lo” regulates the fuel when the engine is idling.
Should trimmer head spins at idle?
A string trimmer uses the same clutch mechanism as a chainsaw to prevent the working part of the tool from spinning when the engine is idling. If the clutch isn’t working properly and the string won’t stop turning, the tool can be dangerous — it could damage something or even cause injury.
Why does my Stihl trimmer keep cutting out?
The trimmer can sputter and stall if it isn’t getting enough fuel, and that can happen simply because the fuel filter is dirty. Fuel filters are inexpensive, and it’s more practical to replace a dirty one than it is to try to clean it. On most models, it’s in the gas tank or on the cap.