- 1 What carburetor works good with a 302?
- 2 Is a 750 cfm carb too big for a 302?
- 3 What is the most reliable carburetor?
- 4 Is a 600 cfm carb too big for a 302?
- 5 What is a 600 CFM carburetor?
- 6 What cfm carb do I need for a 350?
- 7 How do I choose a carburetor?
- 8 How much horsepower will a 750 cfm carb support?
- 9 How much horsepower can a 302 handle?
- 10 How can I get more horsepower out of my 302?
- 11 Is a Ford 302 a good engine?
What carburetor works good with a 302?
For a normal 302, an Edelbrock 1403 carb is a better fit.
Is a 750 cfm carb too big for a 302?
Its either the jets are too big or if its a Holley it could have a blown power valve or it may be leaking gas from the floats being set too high. In general, if you take a 750 cfm carb out of the box and bolt it on a 302 it may need to be rejetted down some but not always.
What is the most reliable carburetor?
Out of 13 brands of carburetors, enthusiasts elected Advanced Engine Design (AED), Edelbrock, and Holley (in alphabetical order) as the top 3 most reliable brands of carburetors.
Is a 600 cfm carb too big for a 302?
A 600 cfm Edelbrock is fine for a 289/302. If you have any kind of aftermarket cam or other mods, read your plugs in a couple hundred miles.
What is a 600 CFM carburetor?
A 600 CFM carburetor can be a great choice for a wide variety of engines. They can be a perfect match for a highly tuned race engine around 300 cubic inches all the way up to a street tuned big block.
What cfm carb do I need for a 350?
A 600-cfm carburetor may perform quite well on a stock 350 Chevy. However, the minute you start weaving in power adders like a hotter cam, a dual-plane performance intake manifold, and aluminum heads you’re going to need 700-750 cfm.
How do I choose a carburetor?
To arrive at the most appropriate carburetor choice, there’s a basic formula: engine displacement multiplied by maximum rpm divided by 3,456. For example: a typical 355ci small-block—a 0.030-over rebuild—with a 6,000-rpm max engine speed would work well with a 616-cfm carb ((355 x 6,000) 3,456 = 616.32).
How much horsepower will a 750 cfm carb support?
A 750DP on a 330hp-400hp 5.7 with a dual plane intake (performer rpm) is easy to tune and will make max power to boot.
How much horsepower can a 302 handle?
yes, it will split right down the valley! usually stock blocks can only handle around 500-550.
How can I get more horsepower out of my 302?
How to Get the Most Horsepower Out of a Ford 302
- Install a performance aftermarket cold air intake to replace the Ford 302 factory air intake.
- Install a performance aftermarket exhaust system to replace the Ford 302 factory exhaust system.
- Install a forced induction — supercharger or turbocharger — kit.
Is a Ford 302 a good engine?
The Ford 302 small-block is one of the best-known engines in the automotive world. We review its performance and design. Ford’s 302 engine began life in 1968 as a replacement for the smaller 289, thus ushering the Ford small-block into a new era. 6