- 1 What is a 1948 Farmall Cub worth?
- 2 Is a Farmall Cub positive or negative ground?
- 3 How do I get more power out of my Farmall Cub?
- 4 How do you check a carburetor float?
- 5 How much is a Farmall Super A worth?
- 6 What can you do with a Farmall Cub?
- 7 How do you test a Farmall Cub coil?
- 8 How do I know if my tractor is positive or negative ground?
- 9 Is Farmall Super A positive ground?
What is a 1948 Farmall Cub worth?
1948 Farmall Cub tractor has sold in Spring Hill, Kansas for $1072.50.
Is a Farmall Cub positive or negative ground?
Red = usually 12 volts and negative ground. Black = usually 6 volts and positive ground. Be sure and read the tag. Alternator = usually 12 volts.
How do I get more power out of my Farmall Cub?
Re: More power for cub
- Go with the higher compression domed 154/184/185 pistons / bore it to the next oversize.
- I would cut the head at least.010″ to make sure its flat.
- At the sametime you can cut the deck on the block to make sure its flat too.
- Go with a zenith carb and the 185/184 intake/exhaust manifold.
How do you check a carburetor float?
Hold a float next to your ear and shake it. If you hear gas inside, the float has an obvious leak. Reveal less-obvious leaks by grasping the float by the tang with a pair of pliers and submerging it into a pan of very hot water. A stream of bubbles will also indicate a leak.
How much is a Farmall Super A worth?
The restored 1949 Farmall Super A pictured here, with turf tires and a belly-mounted Woods mower, sold for a healthy $14,500, burying RM’s $7,500-$10,000 pre-auction estimate, and surprising us as well.
What can you do with a Farmall Cub?
The Cub was easily adaptable to horse-drawn implements, but McCormick-Deering and its successor, International Harvester, produced many implements, including plows, harrows, cultivators, planters, grader blades and sickle-bar mowers that mounted directly on the tractor, plus rakes, wagons, manure spreaders and other
How do you test a Farmall Cub coil?
Disconnect wire on side of distributor. Ignition on. Touch terminal end of wire removed from side of distributor to good ground, then immediately remove. You should see a spark at the spark plug gap every time you touch and remove the wire – providing you have voltage through the coil.
How do I know if my tractor is positive or negative ground?
If the smaller diameter battery post cable attaches to the block, trans, frame etc, it is negative ground. If it attaches to the starter, it is positive ground. I can`t say I ever saw an alternator system that was positive ground.
Is Farmall Super A positive ground?
Make sure your GROUND cable goes to the POSITIVE terminal, and your starter cable goes to the negative terminal. 6v Farmall Super C’s are positive ground.