- 1 How do you adjust a Kohler carburetor?
- 2 How do I change the governor on my Kohler Command?
- 3 What causes a Kohler engine to surge?
- 4 How do you tell if a carburetor is rich or lean?
- 5 Can you clean carburetor without removing?
- 6 What are the symptoms of a dirty carburetor?
- 7 Can you clean carburetor with wd40?
- 8 What causes mower to rev up and down?
- 9 How do you test a Kohler ignition coil?
How do you adjust a Kohler carburetor?
How to Adjust a Carburetor on a 16 HP Kohler
- Set the engine on a hard, flat surface.
- Move the throttle to the “Slow” position.
- Locate the carburetor on the right side of the engine directly under the air filter.
- Turn the limiter cap with the flathead screwdriver until the tachometer reads 1650 plus or minus 75 rpm.
How do I change the governor on my Kohler Command?
You can set the settings on your Kohler engine governor in a few simple steps.
- Locate your governor.
- Verify the throttle linkage rod is connected to the lever on your governor.
- Loosen the nut that holds the governor lever to the cross shaft with your hex wrench.
- Push the governor lever towards the carburetor.
What causes a Kohler engine to surge?
surging on a governed engine is always due to an fuel;air ratio that is too low. The fuel supply to the main jet is not enough. You test for the first by starting the engine and saturating the area between the carb & the engine with WD 40 or similar from a trigger pack, not a spray can.
How do you tell if a carburetor is rich or lean?
Typical symptoms of a rich mixture are:
- Poor fuel economy.
- Sluggish acceleration.
- Choke not needed from cold starts.
- Sooty or black spark plugs.
- Sooty or black muffler end pipes.
- Strong smell of gasoline when the machine is at idle.
- Uneven running (will often slow from regular idle rpms and then stop)
Can you clean carburetor without removing?
Cleaning a carburetor without removing it is fine. However, it can and should never replace the wholesome cleaning exercises. This is because it does not impact the entire length and breadth of the engine as should be the case.
What are the symptoms of a dirty carburetor?
Four Signs Your Carburetor Is Failing
- Engine Performance Reduction. As mentioned above, combustion starts and keeps your engine running.
- Black Exhaust Smoke. You shouldn’t see black smoke coming out of your exhaust pipe even if you drive a diesel.
- Engine Backfires or Overheats.
- Starting Difficulty.
Can you clean carburetor with wd40?
A powerful solvent-based cleaner that blasts away tough carbon deposits, oil, and grime. WD-40 Specialist® Carb/Throttle Body & Parts Cleaner with attachable precision straw is the only all-in-one carburetor cleaner spray you will need to clean your carburetor, throttle body, and unpainted metal parts.
What causes mower to rev up and down?
A lawnmower that hunts and surges may be experiencing something as simple as an airflow issue. If the air that the engine requires to run is blocked, especially sporadically, it can cause the engine to slow down. When the blockage moves or clears, the engine may suddenly rev up in response.
How do you test a Kohler ignition coil?
Lay the ignition coil on a work surface. Set the dial on an ohm meter or multi-meter to 20k ohms. Insert the positive lead on the ohm meter into the end socket or the metal hoop on the spark plug wire. Put the negative lead of the tester onto the metal armature portion of the ignition coil.