How do you adjust a Zama carburetor?
How to Adjust a Zama Carburetor
- Set the engine on a hard, flat surface.
- Gently turn the “L” and “H” adjustment screws clockwise until they seat with the flathead screwdriver.
- Start the engine and allow to run for two to three minutes until the engine is at the operating temperature.
How do you adjust a high and low carburetor?
Locate the two fuel-adjustment screws on the side of the carburetor. One will be labeled “Hi” and the other “Lo.” The “Hi” screw regulates the engine at full throttle and the “Lo” regulates the fuel when the engine is idling.
How do I know if my carburetor is rich or lean?
Q: How Do You Tell if a Carburetor Is Rich or Lean? A: One way to tell for sure is by “reading” the spark plugs. If the plug tip is white, the mixture is lean. If it’s brown or black, it’s rich.
How do you adjust the air fuel mixture in a carb?
Carb Quick Guide
- Verify carburetor is set to stock settings:
- Start bike, bring to operating temperature.
- Set idle speed adjusting screw, clockwise to increase rpm, counter-clockwise to decrease rpm.
- Adjust idle mixture by turning idle mixture screw slowly clockwise until the engine runs poorly.